Re: To the person who posted 'Please reply with answer'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by listener and admirer (209.175.47.254) on February 02, 2001 at 08:28:58:

In Reply to: To the person who posted 'Please reply with answer' posted by Gurnam Singh on February 02, 2001 at 03:26:38:

Well said Gurnam, you have captured the essence of the lyric and not that any more is necessary to explain it,I just want to add that there is a deeper philosophical meaning, and that is the dichotomy and the paradox of finding strength in surrendering to the will of the Almighty.In the end the truth does set you free.Have a good day.
: Here's what I think it means.

: Jad kateyaa banwaas hi katayaa.....ne
: Those who are on the side of good (although they may come out on top) always have to suffer to get there - banwaas refers to the 14 years that Ram had to spend in exile.

: Saade Mast malanga kole, Nanak ne ya Gotam ne

: All that we (mast malang being those that are content with their very simple life style and are not interested in working or gaining fame/glory - they just want to pass the time away basically) have is Nanak (as in Guru Nanak) or Gotam (someone else who also went through a banwaas (I believe)) in order to fight for 'good' - I think what this means is that all I can do is believe in God or try to be like Gotam.

: Jeevan jogi maa boli da marjana Gurdas - I think that bit is straight forward. Just Gurdas Ji being his humble self again.

: Hope I got it right!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]