~~~~~For Amarpreet~~~~~!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by (203.197.219.175) on May 15, 2003 at 07:04:02:

In Reply to: this is how they understand it posted by Preet! on May 13, 2003 at 08:21:04:

ssa to all fans
Like to say that ki u r rite ...
everyone has his own choice they liek that singer stoo much coz they have grown up in that state//n they like to b in jubiliant moods ...when there parents havent even taken them to punjab once in a year then how they can be put to listen the depth or the pure legendary songs of gurdasmaan ..Tell me?
good u amarpreet...u like make us proud who r sitting here punjab..who have wid them their everything ..n proud of being punjabi
take care
Rab rakha
MAAN RULEZZ

: Heylo! Just like to say that along with all the other people i am also from the UK, born and bred here. I love going back to Punjab, which i do frequently, and adore Gurdas Maan Ji's music. I also would like to challenge the first comment made, about how we can understand his songs. Yes they are written in a lot of depth and yes they are mostly about cultures and traditions back home in Punjab, but he does not use very very complicated Punjabi. I used to go to Punjabi class every week after school, my mum and dad always speak Punjabi to me and i reply to them in Punjabi. So i am quite fluent for an "outsider" in Punjabi and i would like to say that people choose their own type of music, personally i am not into all the RnB music or mixed versions. The way they are bought up and raised in their environment must have a significant effect, but in the end it is still THAT individual who chooses their path. Desi or Coconut (brown on the outside and white on the inside) LOL!
: Take Care
: Preet x

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]