Panjiri is one of the symbols of Punjabiyat!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ravinder Bhatt (24.199.94.168) on March 26, 2003 at 19:10:12:

In Reply to: YOU ARE BILKUL RIGHT MAN. posted by SAMI MAAN on March 26, 2003 at 12:55:51:

Dear Friends,
Panjiri is one of the symbols of punjabiyat and what better name to present it to the Punjabis than Mr Gurdas Maan. As for these guys who have rebuked the meaning of panjiri and so the essence of Punjabiyat must be severly censured for using such grotesque analogies (Panjeeri with a mere amalgamation of songs).However i hope i shall not be flayed harshly for this post up (as my words are allways construed wrongly). I would like to start by first submitting that Akhiyan Udeek Diyan is a song that is sung by so many well known Punjabi singers. The mast song too is a qalam(if not mistaken) that is sung by every passionate(for god) soul of punjab.
Secondly you guys bring up these ludicrous statements asking Mr Gurdas Maan to make music that is Punjab da Desi Ghee(maybe you havent heard apna punjab hove). I agree that the last few albums havent been Mr Maan at his best, but that does not imply that he is not the same man, who gave us Sajna Ve sajna, Punjabiye Zubane, Peer tere Jaan Di, Ki banu duniya da, tere sher nu slaam, mamla garbarh hai, wanga lailo wanga and many more.(do you get more punjabi than this). However you have your own opinions (shallow or deep?? you know best!). But i shall confine myself to remarking that Panjiri is going to be out soon, and then we shall have an unbiased(both of us shall have the same ground to judge the man by) flow of views. Lastly i shall call upon all those so called Maan Fans( Teri, Manpreet, Sunny, Megh, Harmandeep, Gurnam etc) to defend the man(you so love) of such revilement that stems from the touch of fingers of such people. Although none of you, not once, posted a message to support me for standing for Mr Maan (the man you so love??). That is not the issue here, the important thing is that you stand up for your man, not out of ego, stuborness, or other mere issues, but out of self-respect of being Mr Gurdas Maan fans. It is not a battle or conflict here, it is just love, love, love, love, love. If caanot spread it, the least one can do is to defend it. So.........do what you think apt.
Ravinder Bhatt.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]