Re: passion is no slave for reasoning!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by amarjit datarpuri (141.157.220.192) on March 15, 2003 at 13:15:36:

In Reply to: Re: passion is no slave for reasoning! posted by manpreet brar on March 15, 2003 at 13:10:22:

: needs to sweeten his voice and learn the basics of singing just like Hans Raj and Sardool(Maybe you havent heard Tim timaundeya Tareya, challa, Peer tere Jaan di)He sounds different in all of them. His mood changes with every song. However, your allegations upon the great man would be very appropriate if he was a mere singer of the time. My friend Amarjit, he is Gurdas Maan, the Living Legend of the Soil-who has given to me (and to all Punjabis) Sajna ve Sajna, Punjabi Zubane, Dharti Punjab Di, Peer tere Jaan Di. You seem to fall under the category of people who are enslaved by other peoples system of thought process, and hence fall prey to stuff that is already invented to enslave your own imagination. Let the reasoning go (reasoning that stems from being enslaved by Musical knowledge, that takes away the freedom of a man to create and enjoy what is unknown to the world and is beautiful in its imperfect expression. Let reasoning go for some time and you shall feel the passion and reality that flows through every word and music of the great Man (although some of the stuff during his mid and late ninities has not been that great-but ) . But no one has been consistent forever, but still the man has been around for over 22 years now- my father used to by his albums and now i buy his albums, and godwilling my kids will buy his albums too. Just before i leave i shall leave you with a quotation.
: : "Only in men's passionate imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existense. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life."
: : Jiyo and Rab Rakha.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]