Re: DONT MESS WID JATTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry King (195.42.238.80) on February 26, 2002 at 02:23:44:

In Reply to: Re: DONT MESS WID JATTS posted by Gurnam on February 25, 2002 at 21:42:42:

Gurnam makes a valid point about the Panj Pyare not being Jatts. So surely this proves that religion is more important than caste.

Also I wonder how many Jatts posting messages on this board are aware that the most popular Jatt in Punjabi folklore (Mirza Jatt of Mirza Sahibaan fame) was not even a Sikh, but a Muslim.

So my message is two-fold:
1) Please learn your culture and heritage before making statements like Jatts are better than others. Simple fact is that Jatts are neither better nor worse than others. They just have a different background of which they should rightfully be proud of.

Those friends that have seen the film "Mamla Garbar Hai" will recall a scene in which Gurdas Maan says..."Kam Mara Ya Changa Ho Sakda Ey, Wada Ya Chota Nahin". This is real food for thought and came straight from the horse's mouth (metaphorically speaking).

2. If a Muslim like Mirza Jatt is respected on the grounds that he was of the same caste, albeit a different religion, then why can't people respect others from the same religion but different castes.

Surely, Sikhs from one caste have more in common with Sikhs from other castes then they do with people from the same caste but a different religion.

I think I have said enough here and probably confused "friends" like KILLA JATT and JATT BOY.

Take Care All
Rab Rakha
Terry King

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: