Re: second favourite

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kully (195.92.67.65) on December 12, 2001 at 11:39:23:

In Reply to: Re: second favourite posted by Gurnam on December 12, 2001 at 07:04:21:

: : U R being too harsh on the poor bloke...his voice is great...although some his dancing does leave a lot to be desired.

: : I saw him at the London Arena some years ago...not bad.

: : Harbhajan is good...when I started listening to him in 96, he was relatively unknown...but has come on leaps and bounds since then.

: : Around the same time I started listening to Manmohan Waris...genuinely thought that he would go on to bigger and better things...brilliant singer...saw him live once...but he seems to have faded away.

: : As far as A.S Kang is concerned...U have hit the nail on its head... a great entertainer with some classic songs...I particulalrly like Naa Kar Maan Jawani Da and Maa Hundi Eh Maa...not too mention the classic Gidhyan Di Raniye.

: : Oh and another thing...stop apologising...we are all friends.

: : Rab Rakha
: : Teery King

I think the nxt best singer is HRHans, but he cant perform live in the UK at least. I saw him in India and he had his home town Ludiana rocking! But he should stick to more traditional music- his new album is OK, but he does do alot for Punjabi music and is quite busy having released 4 albums since Chorni all very diverse and unique.
Sardool Sikander also needs a mention and has a great voice, the Truck song where he impersionates singers is wicked, but he again couldnt hold a Western audience like GM. Same goes for Bindrakhia. Manak has some classic songs and is an OK performer depending how drunk he is, but he seem to b bitter blaming ppl for his problems and not being hppy about his backing singers being successful ( Sardool).
Butthe bottom line is that these singers r a distance second in performance, range of songs and presence

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]