Re: TV Ute Veki Ja ....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by (65.92.104.244) on December 06, 2001 at 16:38:09:

In Reply to: TV Ute Veki Ja .... posted by Banto on December 06, 2001 at 14:06:36:

Hi Everyone,

I 110% support Banto ji on this one. If Mann ji doesnt move along with time - he will be left far behind everyone else on market. However regardless of his moves to Bombay or anywhere else, he hasnt forgotten one thing, which is PUNJABI MUSIC and its roots - his songs STILL convey the same messages as tehy did before. however, the younger youth- due to the lack of understanding of Punjabi language - portray the meaning of song to be somthing else. As banto ji has giving us an example of blouse song - his message was very clear - however ppl have mistaken it to be something else. Mann ji's has his own charisma and fan following - which no other artiste has ever been to generate - he is leaps n bound in front of other singers (like mr. daler mehndi and so on so forth...)His songs n music is enjoyed by individuals of every age (men & women of every age.) The prime example I will provide is my 4 year old cousin - she knows Mr Mann by his name and can recognize any song of his when he comes on TV. He is one of the most sought after artistes in the music industry and I am very glad that he hasn't lost his touch - which is due to his exceptional lyrics - an example of this is in his song "main dharti desh punjab di .... when he states - jhoote aggo kursi lai ke behge , Raj guru, Sukhdev te Bhagat SIngh Phullan joge reh gaye...

He is the best :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gurdasmaan.com ] [ FAQ ]